
Here is Pretty in Pink Etui by Louise Henderson. It was my piece for the Incentive Round and I actually finished it on time!!! Now I just need to "finish" it into the little etui it is supposed to be (kind of like a little fold in half sewing kit). I also need to finish the little needlebook that goes with it.

This is the needlepoint chair seat I am doing for the rocking chair grandpa is making. It is "Acanthus Leaves" and is an adaptation of a hand painted wallpaper pattern by William Morris. So far I only have the round brown leaf in the top left corner and the orange leaf next to it done.


This is the Only One Ewe retreat exclusive piece "Beauty and Grace" by Tree of Life Samplings (Jan). I just finished it last night. It is on a piece of fabric hand dyed by Jan as well. It was a joy to stitch, and I love it! 32 ct, GAST overdyed cotton threads, 2 over 2. She taught a class at retreat about personalizing your projects, the alphabet has my initials bolded. And I borrowed Vonna's idea from retreat to satin stitch the spools of thread.

Vonna Pfeiffer is an accomplished finisher with a great blog (thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com). She taught a class at retreat on how to finish your stitching. She gave us some great tips about glue and getting things straight. Jan sent us this beauty designed by her (tree of life samplings) before retreat and we brought it already stitched. She sent us each our favorite color thread to stitch it with so they were all different colors. Vonna taught us how to mount it to the top of a wooden cigar box with chenille trim and we were able to finish it right there. It was amazing!

She also showed us how to cover the bottom of the inside of the box with coordinating fabric. And she suggested we have all the retreat attendees sign the inside of the lid. It turned out so beautiful.

We had an ornament exchange and a "small" exchange at retreat. I finished up my ornament and pincushion the night before I left for retreat and neglected to take a picture of them! But here are the two I got to bring home: a beautiful ornament stitched by Karen, and a lovely biscornu pincushion designed and stitched by Mary.
Great post, Brenda! Such gorgeous finishes you have created with needle and thread! Your needlepoint chair seat is going to be stunning when finished!
ReplyDeleteRobin
Oh Brenda, I love your etui and can't wait to see the "finished" piece. Your needle point chair seat is lovely.
ReplyDeleteWasn't the retreat fun?!
Bren, so lovely seeing pics of your stitching. Only thing better, is seeing them in person, which I had the honor of doing at Retreat! Everything is gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to try my hand at a needlepoint canvas soon, think it would be fun and I would love to do one for the top of a footstool for my living room.