May Goal #1--Attend "Ebony" pilot class by Carolyn Standing Webb, begin the piece, and complete any homework assigned between the two classes. This is how much I have done after the first class. I have the rest of this week to finish my homework, I think I can make it. I have learned a lot about blackwork and am getting a lot of practice at working my brain around double running blackwork (looks the same on the front as the back)
May goal #2--Finish 1/4 of class piece "Tide Pools" by Ro Pace. I LOVE this piece, love the colors, love the geometry math in it, just love it. Totally feeds the left side of my brain with it's tesselated design, tiles, and cells. I have not had a chance to work on this since class, but I am determined to get some time on it before the end of the month. It goes fast, so should still be able to make this goal.

May Goal #3--Finish the stitching on "Pretty in Pink Etui" by Louise Henderson. This is also my OOE incentive piece. I have been able to get several hours done on this one this week. I am just an hour away from the halfway point and only have about four weeks until the deadline. But I am really hoping to finish up the stitching on it by the end of the month. Then I could do the "finishing" in June.
May Goal #4--Finish block #6 on Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow. I had to frog the entire owl once, grumble, grumble, and had several smaller frogging episodes on that owl before and after. He would have been banned to craft prison for an indeterminate amount of time if I wasn't leading this Stitch-a-long, LOL. Still deluding myself into thinking I can finish this block before the end of the month.


Terrific progress report, Brenda! Sorry you had to frog that owl! Maybe you should banish the frog to craft prison!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see your update, Brenda, and a great way for you and Catherine to keep in stitching touch! I always enjoy seeing your pieces as they grown and these 4 are no exception! I must agree with you on that owl. He has an "evil" look about him! LOL I'm cheering you on for that square to be finished by month's end. You can do it!
ReplyDelete